Laid out in a five-course meal, the dinner will feature traditional German fare paired with a selection of Bavarian brews. Guests 21 and over are invited to make a reservation for $50 a person and receive a complimentary Oktoberfest glass. Refills for the glass will be available at a discounted price.
The German Beer Dinner will include:
- ·German Cheeses and Sausages – a fine selection of German cheese and sausages accompanied by Schneider Weisse Aventinus (8.2 percent ABV), a dark-ruby wheat dopplebock with notes of ripe bananas, raisins and licorice.
- Austrian Steak and Potato Soup – tender steak, redskins, smoked paprika and mace accompanied by Weihenstephaner Vitus (7.7 percent ABV), a golden spicy, single-bock wheat that tastes of apricots and has hints of citrus.
- Marinated Cucumber and Beet Salad – braised beets and marinated cucumber, endive lettuce, mixed greens and dill vinaigrette paired with Ayinger Celebrator (6.7 percent ABV), a dark brown dopplebock that provides a rich taste with hints of toffee and caramel.
- Braised Beef Osso Buco – beef osso bucco braised with wild mushrooms, dubbel, pearl onions, duck roasted Yukon potato and braised cabbage along with Aecht Schlenkerla Fastenbier (5.5 percent ABV), a reddish brown smoke beer with a smoky taste and light bitterness.
- Black Forest Gateaux – layers of chocolate cake and Chantilly cream marinated cherries accompanied by Uerige Doppelsticke, a dark brown barley-wine that offers a light syrup and caramel taste.
If you can’t get enough of the German-inspired fun, Bastone will be offering a special Oktoberfest menu as well. From Oct. 3–16, stop in to choose from a selection of delicious appetizers, entrees and desserts, as well as a special Oktoberfest beer, brewed especially for Bastone patrons, and available for a limited time only.
The Oktoberfest menu will include:
- Sausage Platter - specially made for Bastone by Gourmand sausages, Bratwurst knockwurst and lamb sausage with house made beer mustard sauerkraut.
- Saurbraten– marinated bistro steak, roasted root veggies, German potato salad and gingersnap sauce.
- Bavarian Pork– seared pork loin chops, onion and dill sauce, spetzel and braised red cabbage.
- Chicken Prapakash Pasta – braised pulled chicken, roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, smoked paprika, sauce house and cooked gnocchi.
- Black Forrest Gateaux – layered chocolate cake, braised forest cherries with Bavarian and Chantilly cream.
About Bastone Brewery
A Royal Oak mainstay since 2004, Bastone Brewery takes both its name and culinary style from the famous Belgian city. The 1930s era establishment sets the stage for a restaurant and brewery where award-winning Belgian beer is crafted onsite for the finest flavor and character. The menu features an array of classic burgers, Belgian mussels and frites, artisan pizzas and European-inspired entrees.