“We are humbled and overjoyed to have won with several of our Bavarian-style wheat beers against outstanding international competition, including the world-famous Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen,” stated owner David Ringler. “We are passionate about this style, along with Bavarian brewing traditions, and we continue to create a brewing destination in Cedar Springs as a small part of Beer City, USA.”
Last year, Küsterer Original Weissbier was awarded the Bronze Medal at the 2016 Great American Beer Festival in the German-Style Wheat Ale category.
Category 72 - South German-Style Hefeweizen
- GOLD MEDAL: Cedar Springs Brewing Company, Küsterer Heller Weissbier
- Silver Medal: Odyssey Beerwerks, Heliocentric Hefeweizen Bronze Medal: Weihenstephan, Hefeweissbier
- Honorable Mention: Golden Road Brewing, Golden Road Hefeweizen
Category 73 - German-Style Wheat Ale
- GOLD MEDAL: Cedar Springs Brewing Company, Küsterer Weizenbock
- Silver Medal: Pizza Port, Junk In Da Trunkel Dunkel
- Bronze Medal: Revelry Brewing Co., Hotel Rendezvous
About Cedar Springs Brewing Company
Restaurant. Brauhaus. Biergarten. Small Wine Maker. Small Distiller. Craft Sodas. Join us in the heart of Cedar Springs for a freshly crafted beverage and a flavorful meal from our sustainably sourced kitchen, featuring fresh pub fare and a traditional German Bavarian menu. We are located on Main Street and back up to the Fred Meijer White Pine Trail State Park, just 18 minutes north of Grand Rapids. Schmeckt gut! About the Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition The Los Angeles International Beer Competition recognizes the finest in beers. Celebrating its 17th year, our event rivals other contests with an esteemed judging panel, an exciting tasting event held in the summer and a comprehensive public education program during the LA County Fair.