While commercial breweries will certainly provide a significant customer base for the new malt house, a growing number of Michigan distilleries as well as the large homebrew community will also appreciate having a local and high quality source. The malt house will eventually feature an extensive line of products including 2-Row, 6-Row, Pale, Pilsen, Munich, Smoked, Caramel, Chocolate, Black, Roasted, Rye, Wheat, and Organic options. More information can be found on the Pilot Malt House Facebook page and website at the links provided below, including contact information if interested in a product catalog.
Pilot Malt House in Zeeland to produce artisan malts for area brewersWritten by Dan VanderKooi
Dan VK has been following the Michigan Craft Beer scene since before Oberon has been available in 6-packs. Besides making the rounds at all the local craft breweries and beer bars, Dan also supports the local music scene, reads crime fiction, and enjoys playing volleyball with his wife and friends.
Latest from Dan VanderKooi
- Founders 16th Annual Black Party Celebration on Tap for Saturday, April 22nd
- Cellar Brewing Company relocates to new and improved location in downtown Sparta
- 8th Annual Detroit Fall Beer Festival to be held October 21st & 22nd at the Eastern Market
- Beer and Hard Cider on Tap for 2016 Vander Fest on Saturday October 1st
- 8th Annual U.P. Fall Beer Festival to be held on Saturday, September 10